What if I do not maintain my controls?
You will get a letter from a Soil Erosion Enforcement Officer saying that you are not in compliance and you have 5 days to fix the items listed. If they are not corrected, you could be subject to one or all of the following: a notice of violation with a $100.00 fee, a fine of $2,500 to $25,000 a day, the cost of the Clinton County Building Department installing the necessary controls, or a stop work order and/or other legal action to get the site into compliance.

Show All Answers

1. Why is it so important to get my lawn in and landscaping done?
2. My builder took care of all the permits. What are my responsibilities?
3. How does the permit transfer happen?
4. What are my responsibilities after the transfer?
5. What if I do not maintain my controls?
6. How do I close the permit?
7. Are there any additional fees (renewals)?