Register to Vote
Persons can register to vote at any Secretary of State branch office, the County Clerk's office, or with their Township or City Clerk.
- Must be a Citizen of the United States
- A resident of Michigan
- At least 18 years of age (when you vote)
- Not currently serving a sentence in jail or prison
Visit the Michigan Voter Information Center to:
- Find out if you are registered to vote
- Verify your Voter Registration Information
- Track the status of your Absentee Ballot
Absent Voter Information
Applications for an Absent Voter Ballots may be obtained by contacting your county, city or township clerk or by downloading the for issuance of the ballot. In the alternative, you may access the online absentee voter application at the Michigan Voter Information Center.. Please return the completed application to your
Permanent Absent Voter List Registration
Sign up for your City or Township's Permanent Absent Voter List
- Voters on this list are sent an Absent Voter Ballot Application by mail prior to every election. The voter can choose whether or not they would like to submit the Application to receive a ballot.
- Voters on this list are not automatically sent an actual ballot.
- To sign up for your City or Township's Permanent Absent Voter List
- Click here Permanent Absent Voter List Registration to search by your name
Please see the Candidate Information page or contact the County Clerk's and ask to speak with someone in Elections.
Precinct Delegates are elected every 2 years.
Election SecurityClinton County began using Hart Intercivic voting software in 2018.
- The voting system is federally certiified by the EAC and state-certified.
- The voting system is not linked to the internet at anytime.
- Logic and accuracy test are preformed on the election database before the live election.
- The scans are only able to be used for voting and are secured with security seals.
- Michigan Election Security Planning Snapshot Poster