Child Support


Cases Assigned by First Letter of Father's Last Name
Phone Number
A - F
Terri Paradise
(Enforcement Supervisor)
G - R
Amanda LeBaron
S - Z
Wendy Hay
(Also Interstate Enforcement)

Show Cause Hearings

If you are scheduled for a show cause hearing, do not call on the day of the hearing. You are required to appear unless other arrangements have been confirmed prior to the hearing date.

Child Support Overview

The Friend of the Court assists the Family Division of Circuit Court in establishing, modifying, and enforcing orders regarding child support, child care expenses, and medical expenses.

Case Review

Parents are entitled to a statutory child support review every three years. You may also file a Motion Regarding Support at any time you believe there has been a change of circumstances that affects support. In either case, both parents will be required to submit their financial information to our support specialist, who will calculate support using the Michigan Child Support Formula. The support specialist will then issue a recommendation subject to objection within 21 days. If neither party objects, the recommendation will become the new support order in your case. If either party objects, a hearing will be scheduled.

Payment Monitoring & Accountability

Our support enforcement workers monitor support payments and take enforcement action when payments are not being made as ordered. A show cause hearing will be scheduled if a payer falls behind in an amount equal to or exceeding three months' support. Parents who refuse to pay their support may be subject to various enforcement actions including license suspension, tax refund interception, seizure of assets, or a jail sentence.

Paying Your Child Support

If you are ordered to pay support, a withholding order will be sent to your employer. If you are self-employed, you must make payments directly. You may also make direct payments while waiting for a withholding order to be processed, if you change jobs, or have other circumstances where withholding will not collect the total support owed. To access your account information, you may call MiSDU at 877-543-2660, or you may visit the MiCase Office of Child Support website.

Payment by Mail

Payment by check or money order may be sent to the Michigan State Disbursement Unit (MiSDU). If you send your payment to MiSDU, be sure to include a slip of paper with your name, the name of the other party, and your case number and/or social security number to:
P.O. Box 30351
Lansing, MI 48909

Payment in Person

Payment by cash or money order may be made in person at the Friend of the Court office during regular business hours of 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The office is located on the 4th Floor of the Clinton County Courthouse at:
100 E State Street
St. Johns, Michigan 48879

Payment Online