- Register of Deeds
- Uniform Commercial Code Fees
Uniform Commercial Code Fees
RequirementsEffective January 1, 2005 Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) Filings are filed with the Michigan Secretary of State.
Additional information and resources regarding Uniform Commercial Code Filings, may be accessed at the following links:
- Michigan Compiled Laws Section 440.1101-440.9709
- Michigan Uniform Commercial Code Division - Secretary of State
Fees for Filing & Indexing
- $30: Fees apply to all new filings and any amendments thereof and include all pages to be recorded. MCL 440.9525(1)
Fees for Searches & Copies
- $6: Request for a search of the records including issuing a certificate describing each presently effective record filed concerning the debtor.
- $2: per page fee for copies requested.
- $1: per document certification fee.
Fees for Searching the Personal Property FilesThe information disclosed on UCC searches (personal property filings) will contain information regarding files in the Register of Deeds Office through June 30, 2001. Effective July 1, 2001, realty related items are recorded in the real estate index only and will not appear on searches done by this office.
The above fees do not apply to a mortgage that is effective as a financing statement filed as a fixture filing or as a financing statement covering as-extracted collateral or timber to be cut under Section 9502(3)-recording and satisfaction fees that otherwise would be applicable to the record of the mortgage apply.
What is Filed With the Register as per MCL Sec. 9501?
- As extracted collateral
- Timber to be cut
- Fixture filings